Monday, August 31, 2015

Taking Impefect Action


So last night, I'm talking to my coaching teacher, crying because, for one a few reasons, I feel like I'm suffocating because things are not getting done.

But that's not officially true. As I explained to her, things are happening, but they are happening so slowly (due to finite amount of time, money, sanity) that my momentum is sporadic and my tendency has been to do things half-assed [(or as I eloquently explained to her "at half-measure") (potato-potato)].

One of the examples I gave was self-publishing Tempest Makers. The last real hurdle was creating a great cover and then the promotion before releasing it into the interwebs.

And then a revelation hit me: Why does it need a pretty cover? To draw the eye yes, but I can still self-publish it now, and a add freaking lovely cover to it later.

Promotion. Okay, that's important, but I'm thinking something that a ninja would give a respectful nod to.

Crazy? Sort of, but I don't think is entirely nuts. It feels really, Really, REALLY liberating. It feels a hell of a lot more fun that making sure everything has to be "just so."

I feel this monster weight is gone.

I'm going to self-publish Tempest Makers in the next 2 weeks and it's going to be okay. I'm going to reach out to trusted writer friends for their $1.44 of advice and see what happens.

This feels like guerrilla publishing. J

Outright Call to Action, Self-Published Authors:
What tips would you give if you were in my shoes?

P.S., if you are a self-published friend of mine and you've been screaming for a long time what I'm about to do from the roof tops and I haven't been listening, deep apologies. I've been busy trying to be perfect.


2 comments:

  1. Far from perfect. Only care about yourself.. Write about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Far from perfect. Only care about yourself.. Write about that.

    ReplyDelete