Thursday, December 11, 2014

Back Up 10 and Punt, Or, Bow to Your Shadow and Your Shadow Bows Back

November was a rough month. For a couple of reasons, I've decided to find a publishing house for the Apex Predator Trilogy.

I am the only one responsible for the path I walk and how I walk it.

I feel a mix of the typical huge-load-off-my-shoulders and the replenished energy that comes with it. The residual, weird defeat-guilt mix is going away, but I know I needed to feel how I was feeling so I could move forward.

I have so many stories rattling around in my brain, I can self-publish other stories later if I want to and I know other hybrid authors; authors who self publish and publish through a House, so I continue to have the support I need.

At 38, I have been thinking about the last 20 years of my life. Aside from big life events, the next 20 years will look roughly the same if I don't publish my stories. Don't get me wrong, I love my life and don't regret any of it because it's made me the awesome Empress Goddess Warrior before you.

I need to take larger leaps. I hallucinated the shackles on my feet.

I have learned and continue to learn many, priceless lessons.

I am ready for the next phase of my life.

In my next blog posts, I'm going to talk about the two major characters from Tempest Makers, give you some ideas of the universe I created and my thoughts on mixing magic and machines.

Let's have some fun, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment